TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website www.apex-standard.co.uk is operated by Apex Standard Limited, a company registered in England (company number: 01970950) whose registered address is: 2nd Floor, Regis House, 45 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AN (referred to as “We” or “Us”; and “Our” shall be interpreted accordingly). Our VAT number is 372714058. Your use of the website is subject to the following terms and conditions; by accessing or using the website, you agree to abide by them.
The material displayed on the website is produced either by Us or by our suppliers or customers and the copyright, trade marks and database rights in that material either belong to Us or are licensed to Us or provided to Us by our suppliers or customers.
Your Use Of The Website
You may print or download the contents of any page of this website for your own private and non-commercial use. You may not display, copy, modify, re-use, transmit or distribute the contents of this website (including by caching any of the content) to any third party without Our prior consent. You will not misuse the website in any way (including by hacking, spamming, trolling, unauthorised commercial marketing or promotion). We reserve Our right (exercised at Our absolute discretion) to block the access of any user to the website at any time without notice. In the event that We block your access, We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result.
Whilst We try to ensure that this website is accessible at all times, occasionally its availability may be restricted by maintenance, repair, system failures or other circumstances beyond Our control. We will not be liable if the website is unavailable. We accept no liability for any lack of service or functionality on this website. We reserve the right to cease to provide the website at any time, for any reason, without notice. Whilst We take precautions to prevent problems, We give no warranty that the website is error-free or free from computer viruses or any malicious code and We will accept no liability in this regard. You are advised to take appropriate measures, such as using an up-to-date anti-virus program, to protect your computer from infection.
Third Party Content
The content of this website includes material provided by third parties. We are not responsible for and do not accept any liability for the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of any third party’s material. We exclude any liability for any loss or damage of any nature arising from any error, inaccuracy or omission in that material.
Price and Payment
The price shall be that in the Seller’s current List Price, or such other price as the parties may agree in writing. The price is exclusive of VAT or any other applicable costs. Carriage shall be paid for by the Buyer unless expressly stated as an addition to the price of the goods. Payment of the price and VAT and any other applicable costs shall be due at point of sale. If payment of the price or any part thereof is not made by the due date, the Seller shall be entitled to: require payment in advance of delivery in relation to any Goods not previously delivered; refuse to make delivery of any undelivered Goods whether ordered under the contract or not and without incurring any liability whatever to the Buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery; terminate the contract. Make judgement against the buyer to retrieve outstanding debts, with the buyer being liable for all costs incurred.
Any description given or applied to the Goods is given by way of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute a sale by description. For the avoidance of doubt, the Buyer hereby affirms that it does not in any way rely on any description when entering into the contract.
Where a sample of the Goods is shown to and inspected by the Buyer, the parties hereto accept that such a sample is so shown and inspected for the sole purpose of enabling the Buyer to judge for itself the quality of the bulk, and not so as to constitute a sale by sample.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on the date specified by the Seller. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. The date of delivery specified by the
Seller is an estimate only. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract. If the Seller is unable to deliver the Goods for reasons beyond its control, then the Seller shall be entitled to place the Goods in storage until such times as delivery may be effected and the Buyer shall be liable for any
expense associated with such storage. The Buyer shall be entitled to replacement Goods where the Goods have been damaged during transportation. The Buyer must sign for goods as ‘damaged’ and notify the Seller of the damage within 24 hours of delivery.
Cancellation and Return of Goods
If goods received do not meet the buyer’s requirements, the seller will credit the buyer the purchase price of the goods providing that the goods are returned to the seller unused, undamaged and in the original packaging within 30 days of delivery and subject to our right to levy a 20% restocking charge. The return of goods will be at the buyers expense.
This website may contain links to third party websites. We provide any links for your information and convenience only and do not necessarily endorse the websites or the contents of them. We are not responsible for the content of those websites and will accept no liability for them. If you have a complaint about the content of a website that Our site links to, please contact us. You will not link to the website without our prior consent and you will not link to any part of the website other than the home page.
If you have a complaint about anything you see on the website, please contact us. Nothing in these Terms shall operate to limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising from Our negligence; nor liability for fraudulent misrepresentation; nor any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. If any term of these Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired and shall continue in full force and effect. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time without notice and you are advised to visit this page from time to time to view the most recent Terms. These Terms shall be interpreted and governed by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
17 May 2017
For example, We may use the following cookies:
Session cookies, which are temporary and expire when you close your browser. We use session cookies for example to give you access to content.
Persistent cookies, which last longer and stay in your browser until they expire, or until you remove them. We use persistent cookies for things like remembering your password or one-off settings.
There may also be some third-party cookies as We use sites like Google Analytics to analyse user statistics.
All data in cookies is anonymous and we don’t use flash cookies. You can still use Our site with cookies disabled but some functionality will be lost. If you do not want your web browser to accept cookies, check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how to change the browser’s preferences. If you would like more information on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Dealing With Information
By providing any registration information, you agree that We can use your information in order to provide you with our services and also for our internal business purposes. This use may include emailing you from time to time eNewsletters and details of promotions. If you do not want to receive these emails, please contact Us and We will ensure you are not included on the circulation list. If you contact Us using false contact information or impersonating another party, We may pass your details to that party and/or to any law enforcement agency. We will not pass any of your personal information to any third party (other than our agents and staff) without your consent. However, we may from time to time make non-identifying statistical information available to third parties for marketing purposes.
We reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to protect Ourselves and other users.
General Competition and Prize Draw Rules
These rules will be binding on a user of this website or any customer or potential customer when entering (or when being entered into) any competition or prize draw ("competition" or "competitions") operated by Apex Standard Limited (“Apex”, “we” or “us”).
In addition to these general rules, there are other specific terms and conditions that may also apply to a competition or prize draw. We will publish on this website or in communication with potential entrants any such specific rules as part of that competition or prize draw.
1. The promoter of all our competitions is Apex Standard Limited, whose registered address is: 2nd Floor, Regis House, 45 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AN.
2. You must be resident in the UK to enter (or to be entered for) our competitions and be aged 16 or over.
3. Employees and agents of Apex or any company associated with a specific competition and their families are not eligible to enter that competition.
4. Only one entry per person/company is permitted unless otherwise stated in the specific rules or terms and conditions of a particular competition. No purchase necessary. No third party or bulk entries.
5. If you or anyone else send us an email it is not proof that we have received your entry. We can accept no responsibility for entries that are lost, illegible, damaged or delayed.
6. The closing date will be specified in the relevant competition. This will be a UK time and date. If a time is not given, the closing time will be midnight on the relevant day. We reserve the right to change the closing date.
7. Winners will be picked at random from all the correct entries we receive for each competition.
8. Winners will be formally notified by email within 10 days of the closing date (or as soon as practicable thereafter), together with details of the prize.
9. The decision of Apex is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. No cash alternatives or alternative prizes are available. However, if the advertised prize is unavailable Apex reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
11. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person not being able to take part in or taking part in a competition.
12. No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by any advertisers or sponsors.
13. We reserve the right to amend or supplement these rules at any time. Entrants are deemed to accept these rules by entering or by being entered for a competition.
14. We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you may have won, for our accounting purposes and to verify compliance with these rules. For the purposes of sending prizes to winners, we may pass details of winners to any company associated with a specific competition (such as an advertiser or sponsor) or a service provider or agent.
15. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to cancel a competition at any stage if circumstances arise outside of our control or for any other reasonable reason.
16. Any tax liability arising as a result of winning a prize will be the responsibility of the individual.
17. If prizes are not claimed within 7 days either after notification by email or after the closing date, or if after 7 days it has not been possible to contact the winner by email, a redraw may take place.
18. Prizes are not transferable, are not changeable and are not for resale.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by, or to, a prize winner or, if relevant, their guests whilst taking or using a prize.
20. We are not responsible for any delay or cancellation of any element of a prize or for any inability of a prize winner or, if relevant, their guests, to take up a prize.
21. These rules are governed by the law of England and Wales.